Monday, July 9, 2012

Let's Dance

Imma bout to lay on you how to make a Let's Dance cocktail.  It's not really a cocktail, it's a fizz...errrr...a daisy...errrr...whatever ;-)  My homemade strawberry tequila which I will discuss in a later post ran out, and I was really fixin for a drink that combined those two wonderful flavors.  Oh, how they make love, oh....how they dance.  HENCE THE NAME GET IT!?

2 ounces Reposado Tequila (I used Clase Azul Reposado because I just got a bottle as a gift, but don't feel the need to use such a pricey tequila)
3/4 ounces homemade orgeat syrup (I'll discuss how to make this in a later post as i'm still tweaking my recipe though you can also use a high quality commercial syrup.  Just make sure almonds and orange blossom water are actually listed as ingredients)
3/4 ounces lemon juice
5 strawberries
soda water

So first wash your 5 strawberries and put them in your mixing tin.  Muddle the heck out of em.  Just smash em all up real good till all their juices are bleeding all over the place.  Then add the rest of your ingredients EXCEPT OF COURSE the soda water, which we will save until the end.  Fill your tin with ice and shake the hell out of it for no more than 10 seconds.  Now, double strain your cocktail with a mesh strainer into a glass filled with ice.  I used a rocks glass so I could blatantly advertise my dad's CPA firm, but a collins glass is also most acceptable.  Now top with soda water and you're ready to get breezy.  ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment